It’s that time of year for the Annual Thanksgiving Luncheon for your parents. This does not have to be a stressful time with just a little organization. Parents, grandparents, family members, and honored guests look forward to this special day. This can be done in 6 easy steps as outlined for you below:
1. Set date and time a couple of months in advance.
2. Plan Thanksgiving Menu with kitchen staff.
Order all additional groceries, including spices needed for meal preparation. Note: Buy local produce in your area such as greens, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, green onions, and bell peppers, etc
3. Create and distribute invites to each students families w/ RSVP date. If there is a charge for parents, please notate on the invite. (Some Preschools do not charge for this event).
Email invites to honorary guests. Center Board members, Pastor & Deacons(if applicable faith-based centers).
4. Coordinate table set up with staff. This is a great opportunity to use your preschoolers Thanksgiving art projects as table centerpieces and decor. I always loved those pine cone turkeys and handprints. You can also use name tags for families to sit together with their children.
Have the students make table centerpieces.
5. Welcome Families upon arrival for Luncheon and enjoy the fellowship!
Does your child’s school or Childcare center host a special luncheon for Thanksgiving? Share your experience in the comments below.